Mountains as Mentor
Mountains for Growth’s 8-day Mountaineering programs focus on all of the technical and personal skills of mountaineering.
These programs teach the technical skills of hazard management, movement, route finding, anchoring and crevasse rescue. The programs provide opportunities for self-discovery, which help you with decision-making in challenging environments.
Each day will have three educational components: technical systems, mountain skills, and life and leadership development. The programs are at Strathcona Park. Costs include all climbing equipment and food. Programs are designed for Four or Eight participants.
- Connect with yourself, the other group members, and the natural environment.
- Gain independence and confidence by mastering technical mountaineering skills, personal, and interpersonal skills.
- Discover your gifts within a team and work with others to solve the seemingly insurmountable.
- Learn to reap the rewards of taking calculated risks, physically and socially.
- Organization and logistics
- Technical climbing equipment.
- Park use fees
- Group equipment including tents, cooking supplies, and safety communication devices
- High quality (primarily) organic food and instruction on cooking.
- Skilled instruction in movement skills, mountain specific knowledge, navigation, decision making, campcraft, and logistics
- Individual and group facilitation designed to meet your specific needs
- Structured time for reflection
- Daily debriefs
- Tools managing your life, and finding greater peace
2,400 per person
Dates for 2016:
Must be 19 or older.
More about Mountains For Growth Group Adventures. . .